In the recent past, I have received quite a number of mails asking what I can recommend for an acne prone skin. Today, I would like to share with you my homemade mask which I can confidently say, I have tried, tested and it has worked for me-the Aloe Vera honey mask.This mask is good for acne treatment and prevention due to the properties of both honey and Aloe Vera.
To prepare this mask you need;
1. Aloe Vera
Lucky for me, I have Aloe Vera plants in my garden but you can also get it in your local market. The best way is for you to plant it, even in a flower pot so you can be using as much as you please.
The benefits of Aloe Vera include;
- Treats sunburn.
- Acts as a moisturizer. For men it can also be used as an after shave because of its healing properties
- Treats acne through the reduction of skin inflammation
- Fights aging by improving on the skin’s natural firmness
- Lessens the visibility of stretch marks- stretch marks appear due to minor tears in the layers of the skin caused by excessive or sudden stretching. Aloe Vera gel can help lessen the visibility of these stretch marks by healing these wounds
I use the Bogoria pure natural Honey, as per what is written on the bottle it’s produced by a project by ladies in Bogoria. So using it makes me feel that I’m promoting a community project.
Benefits of honey include;
- Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it’s great for acne treatment and prevention.
- Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
- It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
- Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog
To prepare the mask,
First you cut an Aloe Vera leaf, you may proceed to slice off the thorny edges
When you hold it up as per the picture above, what you see in the middle is the gel
Cut the leaf down the center to open it up
Scoop the gel out, using a spoon ( P.s the gel is transparent)
Mix the gel with honey
At this point you can pound the gel a bit to soften it or even blend the mixture
Apply the mixture
Leave it for 10 mins, then wash your face
Finally pat your face dry
Et voila…happy skin…happy you
Thanks for reading, do let me know if it works for you…
Don’t forget to vote for my blog on the BAKE Awards here or go to www.blogawards.co.ke/vote/ then select luciamusau.com on the Best Fashion/beauty Blog